Restoring A Family Portrait (1903)
As development for my ‘Abstract’ project I digitally restored a photograph of my ancestors from 1903. The original photograph was only 6×4 inches but after the restoration I was able to print out a clear A3 copy. I tried to stay as faithful to the colours of the era as I could. The whole process was relatively easy and I found it extremely satisfying looking at the before and after result. I was able to not only add colour to the black and white photo, but restore sun damage and marks that had spoiled the original photograph.
Before Restoration (Left) – After Restoration (Right)